Sports Massage & Exercise Therapy For Preventing Injury and Ending Shoulder Pain
A muscle imbalance may cause shoulder pain, postural problems, limited your range of motion. Dysfunction or imbalance in one part of a muscle, for example, an overuse injury to the upper trapezius can change the balance of the shoulder girdle as a whole, causing the lower trapezius fibre to lengthen and remain tense.
Many activities such as working on the computer can cause your shoulders to be rounded forward causing thoracic kyphosis. Injury to the shoulder can lead to hypermobility, instability and loss of strength.
Sports massage therapy around the soft tissue can promote healing, and combining it with strengthening exercises can reduce the development of chronic weakness and minimize the development of degenerative conditions from overuse, posture deviation and sports injury.
Shoulder pain due to bad posture (Rounded Shoulder)
Common neck and shoulder pain complain:
- Stiff Neck
- Rotator Cuff Injury
- Unable to lift arm to full 180 degrees (Lost range of motion)
- Pain on the front part of shoulder
- Pain on the shoulder blade
- Pain from shoulder to forearm and tingling sensation on the fingers
Sports Massage Clinic massage therapy for shoulder pain is suitable for office professionals or anyone involved in any type of throwing sports or heavy lifting.
The treatment plan consist of movement and static posture assessment, sports massage/trigger point therapy, stretching and exercise.
So, if you want a healthy shoulder, book your appointment now and experience PAIN-FREE living.
Shoulder pain trigger point cupping
There are various reasons for shoulder discomfort, such as rotator cuff tears, tendonitis, bursitis, frozen shoulder, or arthritis. Consult an expert at Sports Massage Clinic if you notice increased pain and decreased mobility in your shoulder joint.
If your symptoms does not improve with simple workouts and alterations to your daily routine, consult your doctor or physiotherapist for a diagnosis and treatment plan.
Do You Require Any Tests for Shoulder Pain Treatment in Singapore?
Shoulder discomfort isn’t always easy to diagnose. Other bodily issues might cause discomfort that extends to your shoulder. If you’re in pain or know you’ve hurt yourself, consult a doctor immediately.
Most of the time, you do not need any further testing. However, to accurately diagnose your shoulder condition, you need to have a doctor or physiotherapist do a thorough clinical examination of your body. Negative imaging scans won’t speed up your recovery.
The hospital will ask you to fill out a medical history form and have a physical body examination done by your doctor. The severity of your injuries may require further diagnostic testing, such as:
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
What Are the Options Available for Shoulder Pain Treatment in Singapore?
Standard options for shoulder pain treatment in Singapore are:
- The majority of shoulder pain sufferers begin therapy with self-help methods.
- If your shoulder hurts, don’t sleep on it!
- Use a heat pack to relax the muscles around your neck and shoulders.
- Take a break from activities that aggravate your shoulder pain, such as heavy lifting and repetitive tasks, and address any issues that may be irritating your shoulder.
- To keep your shoulder joint mobile, perform gentle range-of-motion exercises within your pain-free range. These exercises increase blood flow to the tissues and aid in healing.
- Generally, paracetamol or ibuprofen may be used as a basic form of pain relief, but if your pain persists, consult your doctor about a stronger painkiller prescription.
- It will take some time for your shoulder to get better, but don’t stress yourself out by setting unrealistic recovery objectives at home and work—pace yourself and don’t push yourself too hard.
Is There a Therapy That Works Best for Those with Shoulder Pain?
Shoulder pain treatment relies solely on the underlying condition. You must identify the underlying problem before beginning a treatment plan.
At Sports Massage Clinic Singapore, we aim to optimize your recovery potential after sustaining an injury using a value-based healthcare system. We aim to restore your health as quickly as possible with the fewest number of sessions feasible. Your physiotherapist will also learn more about your shoulder pain treatment objectives and devise a personalized treatment plan during your first appointment.
Fixing the source of your shoulder and arm discomfort will also be part of your treatment strategy. We do not just treat the obvious signs of your discomfort; instead, we delve deeper to discover what’s causing it in the first place. The pain will still persist until we find the right solution to tackle it.