Are you someone with a desk bound job but a passion for running? Chances are you’ll need a sports massage. The combination of spending many hours sitting at your job coupled with intense running can cause a lot of pains and aches. Most people with desk bound jobs have back and neck pain as major complaints. Those who indulge in sports often complain about muscle or tendon injuries and overall soreness. And here’s where sports massages come in. You don’t necessarily need to be an athlete to get them as they are extremely helpful with chronic pain. If you’re not convinced yet, here are 5 reasons why you should get sports massages:
- Increase your ability to train harder – If you’re the kind of person who really likes to push themselves and surpass their limits, then it is necessary to get massages to help heal and strengthen your body. Restorative sports massage is often given after training to allow harder training with less chances of being injured. They can help improve how much time you can spend doing the sports you love. And with you being less likely to get injured you can spend the time you would have been in recovery to instead train and become even better.
- Alleviate any chronic or sports injury related pain – Rehabilitative sports massage is given to alleviate pain and help in proper recovery of body. How this happens is through the release of endorphins during the massage. They act as natural pain killers and help reduce pain. And because these are natural pain killers you don’t need to pop pills to help you deal with the pain, which often have many side effects. This is great for chronic knee back and neck pain as well as pain from sports injuries.
- Distress and gain a better sense of calm – Massage therapy is a great way to get rid of mental and physical stress. Massages can help you gain better alertness, improve your ability to remain calm and help you better deal with everyday problems and stresses.
- Improve blood flow and wash out toxins – Sports Massage Therapies are designed to improve blood flow to your muscles by stretching and relaxing them. This increased blood flow allows a lot of toxins and wastes that have built up in the muscles to be washed away. This build up can either happen from intense exercise or from staying inactive for long periods of time. By improving blood flow and oxygen, nutrients are also better delivered to the muscles and help in healing and strengthening them.
- Improve body awareness – the exposure to physical touch during sports massages is a great way to figure out where you tend to get sore and which are your weak points. By evaluating where your pain tends to be and where you need to achieve better strength, you can fine tune your workout routine to make sure you work on your weak areas and gain greater levels of fitness.
Sports Massage is for everyone. It is for the white collars with desk bound job suffering from shoulder or lower back pain and for the weekend warriors that are suffering from chronic knee injuries and muscle weakness who need a regular massage treatment to soothes the muscle. To get the full service, Become a Client Now.